The Wayne County Historical Society operates the Museum of Wayne County History located at 21 Butternut Street Lyons NY in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region, just a short walk from Erie Canal Lock #27. The museum is housed in the former Wayne County Jail and Sherriff's residence built in 1856 and used until 1961. The 10+ rooms are now used for gallery space, with the 24 cell blocks still attached to the back of the house. The two story carriage house is also available to tour-weather permitting. In addition we maintain a reference library comprising over 1,000 volumes and an archive that includes maps, photographs, personal documents and business records. The museum is open Tues.-Fri. 10am-4pm and Saturdays in the Spring and summer.