As an up-and-coming culinary hotspot, New York’s Finger Lakes region hosts several food festivals throughout the summer in addition to the gourmet restaurants that are open year-round. Whether visitors prefer to immerse themselves in ethnic food, find the perfect wine pairing, or just unwind with friends and family, these culinary celebrations have much to offer.
It’s a small world after all
- Schuyler County Italian American Festival at Clute Park - Located on the shore of Seneca Lake in Watkins Glen, this annual celebration includes crafts, food concessions, amusement rides, casino games, a pasta eating contest, a bocce tournament, and even more entertainment. (July 30-August 1)
- St. Josaphat's Ukranian Festival - Enjoy traditional Ukranian food, crafts, art, and entertainment. (August 12-15)
- CNY TomatoFest - Includes tomato recipe cookoff, entertainment, and a variety of food vendors. This event benefits several local not-for-profits. (September 11-12)
- Naples Grape Festival - Thanks to its booming wine industry, grapes are one of the Finger Lakes’ most notable claims to fame. On top of grapes, grape pies, grape stomping, and just about any grape product around, the festival will also have a wide variety of food. (September 25-26)
Quirky and quaint
- Phelps Sauerkraut Festival - In addition to live music and other entertainment, the Phelps Sauerkraut Festival features several distinctive activities such as cabbage bowling, Kraut Idol, sauerkraut recipe contest, sauerkraut eating contest, and a chance to decorate a cabbage head. (August 5-7)
- Garlic Festival at Fox Run Vineyard - This beloved festival celebrates one of the world’s best-known cooking ingredients. Guests can enjoy a hearty, garlic-fringed meal, try different food and wine pairings, sit in on garlic lectures and demonstrations, or take in live music. (August 7-8)
For more fabulous festivals and events in the Finger Lakes, visit our Events Calendar.