Corning, NY – Presenting sponsor Corning's Gaffer District and Centers Health Care of Steuben & Corning is pleased to announce the schedule and street closings for the 43rd Annual Sparkle on Saturday, December 2.
Crystal City Christmas events have been a celebrated Corning tradition for nearly two decades. This year’s 43rd Annual Sparkle on December 2, is the oldest of the events and is expected to entertain local residents of all ages, as well as attract hundreds of visitors to Corning’s Historic Market Street. Fireworks close out the night at 9 pm, sponsored by Elmira Savings Bank.
ENTERTAINMENT & ACTIVITIES:
- NEW: Dog Sled Educational Presentations and Meet and Greet in Centerway 5-9 pm
- Live Entertainment 5-9 pm at Centennial Sculpture
- FIREWORKS (9 pm) over the Chemung River sponsored by Elmira Savings Bank
- 3rd Annual Gingerbread Invitational at The Rockwell Museum, see the exhibition and vote for your favorite!
- Santa in his Crystal House, 12–4 pm & 5–9 pm ($5 per photo, visits are free). Also special family activities from 3-6 pm
- Horse and wagon rides ($10 per adult, $5 per child), 5–8:45 pm (loading near Centerway Square by the Crystal House)
- Live reindeer display, 5–9 pm at Cedar and Market streets
- Bell ringers, vendors, festive food, music and more
- The Corning Museum of Glass AND The Rockwell Museum are having their Holiday Open House (Dec. 2 & 3, 9 am–5 pm) - FREE admission both days!
- Ice Throne photo op at Radisson Hotel Corning
- Selfie Station sponsored by Metro PCS
- Free mini train rides sponsored by Irvine Wealth Management (loading at Chestnut and Market streets)
- Free face painting inside the Information Center of Corning 5:30–8:30 pm
- Southeast Steuben Library with CASA & Corning Food Pantry Holiday Activities at Nasser Civic Center Rink, Open Skating 1-3:30 pm & 7-9 pm, Family Skating 4-6:30 pm with Costume Characters
- Bobby K kids activities
In preparation for this year's event, the following streets are closed on Saturday, December 2 from 1–11 pm*:
Market Street (Wall to Market Street)
Acess toTarantelli Lane from Bridge St will be available from 1-5 pm and at 8:30 pm
Pine Street (Burmese to Tioga)
Aurene Lane (Wall to Tarantelli Lane, Emergency vehicles only)
Wall Street (Aurene to Burmese)
Cedar Street (Tioga to Burmese) - will close through traffic from 4-10 pm
Tioga Avenue (Parking Garage to M&T Bank entrance)
*Streets to be closed at 6 am if snow removal is needed.
Visitors should use Walnut St access to Centerway Parking Garage City Parking. City Parking lots are free throughout the event.
For the duration of the event, free parking is available at the Centerway Parking Facility.
Sparkle is just one of many events in this year’s Crystal City Christmas season presented by Centers Health Care, Elmira Savings Bank, Radisson Hotel Corning with support from WETM TV, 95 The Met, and Cool 96.
For more information on the Crystal City Christmas events, please visit gafferdistrict.com/crystalcitychristmas.