The marriage of tradition and innovation – original alongside the new – is what has always defined Keuka Lake. Join us on this tour as we unfold the history of Finger Lakes winemaking, taste the present state of a diversity of fine wines being produced along Keuka lake, and get a peek into what’s in store for the region as it re-emerges as an international winemaking destination. This tour is like no other: four wineries representing a lineage of four different countries share their culture and history with each sip of the glass.
The tour begins at Dr. Konstantin Frank’s Wine Cellars, the igniter of the Vinifera wine revolution in the Finger Lakes. Enjoy a wine tasting in their 1962 Reserve Tasting room and experience some of the very best wines in the Dr. Konstantin Frank portfolio. As you taste the wine, your server shares stories that unfold half a century and four generations of winemaking in the Frank family.
The next stop is Heron Hill Winery where John and Jo Ingle have been producing quality Rieslings, Cabernets and other Finger Lakes varietals since 1977. Here, you will enjoy a private tasting.
The next stop will be lunch at Bully Hill Vineyards.
After lunch, we make our way to the east side of the lake to experience the progeny of European winemaking heritage and Finger Lakes training that are establishing their own vision for quality winemaking in the region.
At Domaine LeSeurre, Sébastian and Céline LeSeurre are creating distinctive terroir-driven wines that are highly influenced by their French roots. Enjoy a private tasting showcasing side by side variations of the different varietals.
Next door at Weis Vineyards, Peter Weis, originally from Mosel, Germany creates wines in the Finger Lakes that are inspired by the similar climate and minerality of his native land. With either Peter, or his wife Ashlee, experience wines of distinctive character such as their Grüner Veltliner, Gewürtztraminer, and the house specialty, Heart of the Lake, in their converted tasting room barn.
$165 per person includes transportation in a 14-passenger van, tasting fees, the added services you'll receive at each winery, the food pairings, and lunch.
- All tours are public tours and require a minimum of 5 total guests in order to run the tour at the listed price. Alternate pricing and touring options are available for tours that do not meet this minimum.
- If you are a group of 8 or more, we can host you on this tour as part of our Private Tour Bundle Package. Please visit our Private Wine Tours page to view more information!
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations, and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Hotel Ithaca, 222 S. Cayuga St., Ithaca, NY 14850
- Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel, 16 North Franklin St., Watkins Glen NY 14891
- Best Western Plus The Hammondsport Hotel, 8440 NY-54, Hammondsport, NY 14840