Genesee Country Village & Museum will be hosting the 25th year of Yuletide in the Country tours and buffet dinner, starting Friday, November 30 and running until Sunday, December 16.
Yuletide in the Country tours and buffet dinner. Tours offer a guided walk through the 1800s, where theatrical scenes highlight the changing holiday customs and traditions of the period. Additionally, reservations are available for a hearty buffet dinner, either in tandem with a tour or as a stand-alone experience.
· Learn about the origins of the Christmas tree, and its evolution from a regional trend to a national icon.
· See how travel at the holidays has changed… and how it hasn’t.
· Find out which day was more important to 19th century people: Christmas or New Years? Learn more as villagers debate the changing focus of holiday celebrations.
· See the MacArthur house decorated for the holidays for the first time in ten years.
· Experience the enchantment of a high Victorian Christmas celebration with all the trappings.
· Enjoy a full buffet dinner in the Meeting Center amidst holiday decorations. Buffet includes roast turkey, beef stew, and several accompaniments, including mashed potatoes, stuffing, vegetables and freshly-baked desserts.
Genesee Country Village & Museum, the largest living history museum in New York State, and the third largest in the nation.
Tours run Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, from Friday, November 30 through Sunday, December 16. Tours are $25 General Admission/$23 GCV&M Members. Buffet reservations are $30 adult, $18 youth 2-10, Youth 1 and under are FREE. Discounted tickets available for Friday, November 30 and Sunday, December 2.
Genesee Country Village & Museum
1410 Flint Hill Road, Mumford NY 14511
WHY: Step back in time to experience the yuletide season as it once was, and see how many of today’s cherished traditions came to be.
Visit gcv.org for more info.