After a successful weekend offering curbside pick-up of online orders for their maple syrup, maple products, and a take-out fish fry, Genesee Country Village & Museum will again be offering its maple products as well as pulled pork barbeque dinners on Saturday, April 18, with orders taken online through Wednesday, April 15 at noon. Despite the Museum’s Maple Sugar Festival having been cancelled, fans have been able to pick up their favorite maple favorites to enjoy at home during Maple Curbside To-Go days. Items available to order include Museum-made maple syrup and maple treats, growlers of beer from Flying Bison Brewery and hard cider from OSB Ciderworks, pancake mix from New Hope Mills, Oliver’s candy, and the Museum’s own Life is Sweet maple-themed t-shirts.
Due to the overwhelming demand for take-out dinners, GCV&M’s Depot Restaurant will have pulled pork dinners available as well. Order-ahead dinners will include hickory smoked pork butt with maple barbeque sauce, baked beans, mac & cheese, and cornbread. All proceeds will go directly to supporting the staff and programs of GCV&M.
Orders will be taken online at gcv.org, and will be accepted until 12 pm on Wednesday, April 15. When ordering, guests can choose an approximate time for their pick-up, when they can pull up to the front of the Flint Hill Store and staff will load their packages into the car. There is also a discount available for GCV&M members, who will receive 10% off their entire order. Members are asked to contact the museum for discount code information.
GCV&M Fosters Learning and Exploring Online
GCV&M is also dedicated to creating an online space for learning and exploring through their Family Fun & Learning web page as well as their social media channels. They can be found online at [gcv.org]gcv.org and on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube at @gcvmuseum. Current online highlights include:
· Sunday: Check out our NEW feature, Gallery at Home, with a timely look at one of the works from our John L. Wehle Gallery!
· Monday: Relax and Just Take A Moment to breathe and re-focus with us.
· Tuesday: It's Story Time! Join us at 3:30 pm for a read-aloud adventure. And don't miss the new fashions on display in our latest coloring pages!
· Wednesday: It's a Wildlife Wednesday Watch Party, and you're invited!
· Thursday: Thursdays are for trivia! See if you can guess the right answer to the question of the week!
· Friday: Check out our latest blog post, plus get a peek into our Historic Village.
· Saturday: It's a stylish Saturday as our Gallery Curator brings the Susan Greene Costume Collection into focus, plus our latest historic building coloring pages are here as well!
· On the blog: Haudenosaunee storytelling, historical recipes, and how to enjoy an architectural tour of your own neighborhood.
· New to the GCV&M Online Collection: American and English-made silver pieces in a variety of styles and forms. The collection of flatware, drinking vessels, serving utensils, and personal artifacts spans the 19th century and highlights the beauty of finely crafted silver.
· On the Family Fun & Learning web pages: New coloring pages featuring costumes and buildings of the 19th century, plus video lesson plans on “Sap, Syrup, and Sugar” and “Simple Machines.”
GCV&M is the largest living history museum in New York State with the largest collection of historic buildings in the Northeast. The Museum, with its John L. Wehle Gallery, working brewery, vintage baseball park, and Nature Center, is located in Mumford, NY, 20 miles southwest of Rochester and 45 miles east of Buffalo. Visit www.gcv.org for more information.