May 15, 2020 – Genesee Country Village & Museum Keep History Alive is a matching gift campaign running now through June 15, during which time all unrestricted donations and memberships to GCV&M will be doubled to benefit the programs, staff, and collections of the Museum, in a community-based effort to offset the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic. Donations will be accepted through the Museum’s website, gcv.org.
This week, GCV&M will offer a Memorial Day picnic Curbside To-Go! A bucket of fried chicken with sides, and cupcakes from The Cake Place bakery will be available, in addition to growlers of beer and cider, and Museum-made goods. Order for cupcakes will run through Tuesday, May 19 at 4 pm, and orders for picnics will run until Wednesday, May 20 at 4 pm. Chicken picnics are available in 4-piece and 8-piece meals. All proceeds from online sales are going directly to supporting the staff and programs of GCV&M.
GCV&M has several online spaces for learning and exploring topics that range from history to science and cooking. On the Family Fun & Learning web page as well as social media channels, GCV&M is sharing read-aloud story times, coloring pages, and blog posts from their experts. On Facebook, teachers, students, and families can join dedicated groups to share ideas and even share their own creations in the Teaching & Learning with GCV&M and Family Fun & Learning with GCV&M companion groups. The Museum can be found online at gcv.org and on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube at @gcvmuseum. Current online highlights include:
· Sunday: Our Gallery at Home feature goes to the dogs! Plus, get the latest from our Nature Center.
· Monday: Relax and Just Take A Moment to breathe and re-focus with us.
· Tuesday: It's Story Time! Join us at 3:30 pm for a read-aloud!
· Wednesday: It's Wildlife Wednesday! Check out the latest posts from the GCV&M Naturalists.
· Thursday: Thursdays are for trivia, and we have a sweet theme this month!
· Friday: We know the muffin man, and he's the blog topic this week! Plus, get a peek into our Historic Village.
· Saturday: It's a stylish Saturday as our Gallery Curator brings the Susan Greene Costume Collection into focus, and our #museumgames puzzle will give your brain a workout!
· On the Family Fun & Learning web pages: Experience the online and at-home version of our popular teacher-developed and student-tested GCV&M Focused Field Studies, with the newest installment, Episode 3 of our Sap, Syrup, & Sugar series! In The History Behind Sap, Syrup, & Sugar, our expert staff will take you back in time to travel the path through history of this sweet staple. It's all part of our Focused Field Study program, online at our Family Fun & Learning web pages!