Job Summary: A part-time, dynamic, self-starter in our fast-paced organization is critical to our organization as the assistant to the director for 30-35 hours/week. In this role, the program assistant works with the Executive Director and Executive Assistant on all programs, events and tours for The Center. This role also performs all customer service tasks for daily visitors.
Program Assistant/Docent Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· The “face and voice” for the organization
· Provides the front desk customer service
· Schedules and organizes tours, including the Ticket to Ride program
· Maintains all details on our shared electronic calendar and visitor data information
· Assistants and manages program logistics and details with the guidance of the Director
· Acts as the representative for the programs and events to internal and external partners, and respond to inquiries
· Coordinates with upper management to define program goals and fiscal objectives
· Maintains all brochure and tourism information inventory
· Cleans to COVID-19 standards daily
· Point person for the sales desk and our gift shop
Program Assistant/Docent Requirements and Qualifications for this role:
· High school diploma/GED required
· Minimum 1 year of clerical experience (Associate degree acceptable alternative)
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
· Polished written and verbal communication and customer service skills
Must be available to work weekends.
Hours: 30-35 hours per week
Location: 89 Fall Street Seneca Falls, NY 13148
To apply: email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Position open immediately.