Now Accepting Applications:
7th Annual Gingerbread Invitational
Application Deadline: October 15, 2021
We want YOU to submit to the 2021 Gingerbread Invitational!
The Rockwell invites chefs, bakeries, groups of friends and pastry enthusiasts to enter their innovative design for the chance to be one of (up to) 12 artists featured in this special holiday exhibition and competition.
This year, Rockwell programming and exhibitions revolve around the theme of Environments Examined. In this spirit, design a gingerbread creation inspired by the natural and built and social environment of our unique Finger Lakes region – consider the vistas, cityscapes, landmarks and local natural wonders in your creation!
We encourage you to think outside the box for this year’s challenge and be sure to tell us about your inspiration in your application!
How It Works
- Interested individuals/teams must submit their application, including a design sketch, by Friday, October 15, 2021. It’s important to follow all of the size and materials specifications outlined in the “Rules and Application” document.
- Up to 12 submissions will be selected to be featured in the Gingerbread Invitational. Each artist/team will then have approximately 1 month to create their design and drop it off at The Rockwell Museum on the designated date.
- At drop-off, each team will be awarded a $50 honorarium in the form of a VISA gift card to help compensate them for their materials.
- Throughout the exhibition, visitors to The Rockwell will vote on their favorite gingerbread creations – the winner of the Community Choice Award will be announced toward the end of the exhibition.
Please note: Due to Covid concerns, we are not hosting an exhibition opening reception this year. However, Holiday Open House (free admission) has been extended to two weekends to ensure you can show off your creation to your family and friends.
- All participants will receive thank-you honorariums in the form of a $50 VISA gift card, plus swag bags featuring gifts from the Museum Store and ceramic medallions created by local artist Colleen McCall.
Community Choice Award Winner – $250 + Ceramic Trophy by Colleen McCall
The Rockwell Museum’s programs are made possible by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of the Office of the Governor and the New York State Legislature.