Syracuse, NY - Destiny USA, in conjunction with Syracuse University, Syracuse Athletics and its onsite Embassy Suites hotel, announced a multi-year strategic tourism partnership designed to drive travel and tourism to Central New York and Onondaga County. The partnership represents two of the region’s largest travel and tourism destinations—Destiny USA and Syracuse University—joining efforts to bring in millions of travelers and tourists from around the world to experience the best of Central New York.
“We are excited to strengthen our long-standing partnership with Syracuse University, Syracuse Athletics and our Embassy Suites hotel to continue to drive tourism to the City of Syracuse and Onondaga County,” said Stephen J. Congel, chief executive officer, Pyramid Management Group, LLC.. “This partnership represents a continuation of many years of collaboration working with the Syracuse University team and we are very thankful for their partnership and our shared vision to strengthen the local economy through tourism.”
This multi-year partnership encompasses:
- Official Hotel Designation: under the new partnership, Destiny USA’s onsite 209-room Embassy Suites hotel—which opened one year ago—will become the “Official Hotel of Syracuse Athletics” through the 2021 season, helping enhance the guest experience for traveling shoppers, Orange fans, alumni and visiting sports teams with exclusive ticket bundles, special Destiny USA attraction packages and gameday amenities like shuttle rides to and from the Carrier Dome for hotel guests.
- In its first year, the onsite Embassy Suites hotel has seen guests visit from 49 states, 2 territories and 12 countries (North Dakota, which had been the only state not to have a guest visit from, will soon be represented thanks to a Destiny USA promotion encouraging North Dakotans to enter to win a trip to Central New York)
- Countries that have visited the hotel include: Canada, China, England, Turkey, The Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Liechtenstein, Australia, Iceland, Taiwan and Austria… The Territories include the U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico
- Cross-Collaborative Marketing Efforts: the partnership enhances cross-collaborative marketing efforts both on and off the field to package and market Syracuse Athletics gameday events with Destiny USA activities, like the popular Summer and Winter Fun Pass, Tykes Tuesday events, holiday shopping and more.
- Joint Travel & Tourism Efforts: The new partnership also entails working with Visit Syracuse to sell the Central New York region beyond “Syracuse” to outer markets and with travel and tourism partners both in New York, the United States, Canada and worldwide.