GCV&M's annual Fall Festival & Agricultural Fair is the highlight of the harvest season!
- Experience the spirit of a 19th-century magic show
- Attend a Punch & Judy puppet show
- Tour the museum's 19th-century fully-functioning brewery throughout the day
- Have your fortune read by a 19th-century fortune teller
- Visit a phrenologist who will read the shape of your skull
As was common at 19th-century fairs, museum vintage base ball teams will square off in the Mayor’s Cup Championship. Don't forget to stop at the Market Tent with vendors offering specialty items, all grown or made right here in Western New York.
There are exhibitions in many categories of vegetables, baked goods, preserves, hand-made needlecrafts and the industrial arts—including tin, iron and wooden wares; pottery; cooperage (barrel making); printing; and broom and soap making.
Prize-winning sheep, goats (even Myotonic "fainting" goats) and cows will be on display, in addition to a poultry show, sponsored by the Rochester Poultry Association.