Come one, come all! Celebrate the summer season and rack up points in Pop-Up Midway, an original exhibit opening at The Strong museum on Saturday, July 25. Step up to more than a dozen coin-op games and journey through an area reminiscent of seasonal fairs, carnivals, and boardwalks. Collect your tickets from each game to earn special prizes, including stuffed animals, stickers, and more.
- Earn a high score in arcade versions of popular mobile games, including Temple Run, Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, and Jetpack Joyride.
- Test your strength and skill in Whack ‘N Win to earn a jackpot filled with tickets.
- Challenge someone to a race in Hot Wheels or a larger-than-life round of Space Invaders Frenzy.
- Aim for the target to earn points on Quick & Crash.
- Dunk on the competition with Hot Shots and Hoop it Up.
- Play through pinball games such as Super Mario Bros. Mushroom World, Ticket Tac Toe, and Flintstones Pinball.
- View a strength tester from the early 20th century and a fortune teller game from the 1950s.
- Discover the important role carnivals, amusement parks, fairs, and boardwalks had on the history of American play.
The exhibit is produced by The Strong’s International Center for the History of Electronic Games. Exhibit included in general museum admission fees. Playable machines in Pop-Up Midway require purchased tokens. Money collected from the sale of tokens helps maintain these original artifacts.
Reserved sessions are available. All guests, including members, must have a timed ticket to enter the museum. Learn more at museumofplay.org/play-safe.