Sunday, July 31 and Sunday, August 14
When was the last time you played in a creek? A creek is a wonderful place to play. Bring your family for a guided hike to the Oatka Creek and spend the afternoon skipping stones, splashing, and looking for crayfish. To get to the creek, participants will get the opportunity to hike the trails of our private Oatka Creek property.
- Hiking shoes or boots are recommended, along with a backpack to carry wading supplies to the creek.
- Water shoes, or strap-on sandals, are required and a change of clothes and/or a towel is recommended.
- Participants will get to walk in the water (wade) up to their knees, but swimming is NOT permitted.
- If weather conditions make the creek unsafe, we will alter our adventure and go pond dipping at Newt Pond.
- Please arrive at the Nature Center Building to check-in 5-10 minutes early.
- Be advised that the Oatka Creek is located approximately ONE MILE from the Nature Center Building.
- All participants will be asked to stay with the group for the entire program.
- Masks are required inside of buildings for all Museum visitors. Visitors should also continue to practice safe social distancing on the Museum grounds.