Job Title: Sales & Partner Relations Manager
Job Classification: Non-exempt
Reports To: President & CEO
The Finger Lakes Tourism Alliance (FLTA) is an association of private- and public-sector attractions; tourism-related businesses and organizations; and county tourism offices working together to enhance and promote the 9,000-square-mile Finger Lakes region as a premier tourist destination. The Finger Lakes Tourism Alliance region, as defined in New York State legislation, includes the 14 counties of Cayuga, Chemung, Cortland, Livingston, Monroe, Onondaga, Ontario, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Tioga, Tompkins, Wayne, and Yates.
This position is responsible for retaining, increasing and servicing FLTA’s partnership base. This position is responsible for all partnership development activities, including recruitment, retention, financials, management of the partner database and website, administration of membership records, programming, events, corresponding committee oversight and development of membership benefits. This is a full-time non-exempt position based on a work schedule of 40 hours per week. Should programs and/or events alter the total number of hours, the weekly schedule will be adjusted accordingly.
- Overall responsibility for development and implementation of programs, which are designed to maintain and increase the overall membership and financial support for the organization.
- Define an annual operational plan and strategic plan for partnership including recruitment, retention and marketing. This must include measurable goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain a system for identifying prospective partners and plan and prepare sales literature for mailings and meetings with prospects.
- Provides a continuous re-evaluation of partnership investments to insure compatibility with the growth of FLTA. This includes providing recommendations concerning updates of the existing investment schedule.
- Develop new incentives and ideas for partnership recruitment and retention. Develop and market benefits including products and services that increase the value of FLTA partnership.
- Constantly track partnership statistics that give an accurate picture of the current membership base, thus staying abreast of trends and therefore able to make prompt adjustments as needed to relevant strategies.
- Manage the annual partnership campaigns and invoicing for renewals, as well as any new partner campaigns.
- Contact all delinquent partner accounts to determine their continued support and payment arrangements.
- Manage the partnership database and serve as the organization's chief expert with complete oversight of all database functions. Set up and maintain pertinent partner records. Prepare monthly partnership report for the President & CEO as well as the board of directors.
- Facilitate the Partner Outreach Committee, working in conjunction with the Partner Outreach Committee Chairperson, to plan, schedule, and host quarterly committee meetings.
- Coordinates and manages annual and monthly partnership events. Responsible for producing and distributing invitations, promotions, appreciation acknowledgements, confirming attendees and speakers, RFPs and booking locations of events.
- Prepares annual budgets for partner relations as well as event specific budgets.
- Works in conjunction with the President & CEO to secure event sponsorships.
- Works closely with senior staff, Board members, the Social Media & Communications Manager and event sponsors to understand objectives and expectations and ensure that these are being met.
- Assess event objectives and determine the most cost-effective means to deliver results.
- Solicit feedback and regularly meet with partner businesses and sponsors to identify opportunities to increase benefits, efficiencies and cost-savings.
- Responsible for updating and ensuring the most up to date and accurate information is on the website in a timely manner.
- Handle all clerical, computer and organizational duties associated with fulfillment of the duties stated herein.
- Must know FLTA’s vision and mission and integrate them into all aspects of FLTA objectives.
- Assist other departments with programs, projects, events, etc. or with other related duties as availability permits.
- Handle all other duties as assigned by President & CEO.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education
- The Sales & Partner Relations Manager must be energetic, imaginative, well-organized with an attention to detail, and capable of functioning in an independent manner while also supporting a team environment.
- The ability to work with diverse businesses and personalities in a customer focused manner.
- Excellent verbal and written skills as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office, web-based software member management databases, and various desktop publishing programs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement event strategy and success in events management.
- Ability to strategically manage the overall partnership program, ranging from financial planning to sales and marketing strategies.
- Ability to motivate peers, volunteers and staff in the organizational vision and mission of partnership and ensure that partnership is consistently a top priority for the organization.
- Four-year college degree preferred or a combination of education and at least three years of experience in tourism sales, or chamber of commerce or association sales; and/or a background in membership development, fundraising, marketing, event management or related field with demonstrated progressive advancement.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid Driver’s License
38,000-41,000 Base Plus Commission
Email a cover letter and resume to Meghan Lawton, FLTA President & CEO: firstname.lastname@example.org.