KNAPP INTRODUCES CHOCOLATE AND WINE PAIRINGS
Knapp Winery and Gretchen’s Chocolates from Auburn serve a
Finger Lakes wine & chocolate experience
Knapp Winery & Vineyard Restaurant will be serving special wine and chocolate pairings beginning in September. Handcrafted by Gretchen herself, Gretchen’s Confections of Auburn, NY, and Knapp Winery will be offering bonbons, bark and fudge which will be served with premium Knapp wines.
Gretchen graduated from Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Seattle, WA. She then went on to graduate from École Chocolat’s Certified Chocolatier Program and launched her business Handcrafted Gretchen’s Confections in Auburn NY in 2020. Gretchen is eager to partner with a Finger Lakes Winery to help bring the best of the local food and wine scene together.
The tasting will consist of the following:
- Knapp Lemberger and UO Cabernet Franc will be paired with Gretchen’s Electric Avenue bonbon of a dark chocolate with black currant truffle.
- Knapp’s Chardonnays or Vignoles will be paired with Gretchen’s Whimsey bonbon, a milk chocolate shell with white chocolate, coconut, and roasted almonds.
- Knapp’s Port or Superstition wine will be served with the Tubman bonbon - a beautiful butterfly shaped chocolate made with honey caramel, white chocolate, and malted milk ganache.
- Knapp’s Pinot Noir or Merlot will be paired with a Cherry almond bark
- Knapp’s Pasta Red Reserve will be paired with maple walnut fudge
The Wine and Chocolate Pairings will be $15.00 per person and will be available Monday’s through Thursdays by reservation that can be made at Knappwine.com.
For over thirty-seven years Knapp has been known for producing wines with robust flavors and distinctive character. Knapp produces dry and sweet wines alongside small batch, handcrafted cordials in a rustic environment. In addition, Knapp’s Vineyard Restaurant (open from April through November), serves an eclectic menu of local flavors, using ingredients from the bounty of our region. The beauty of Knapp is the full experience of pairing wine and food or simply enjoying wine with people you love at a special place you will always remember. Please check website for updated COVID hours and rules.