Best Kids Activities in the Finger Lakes
- Sleep under the stars at Finger Lakes campgrounds ranging from primitive tent camping to RV camping to rental cabins and cottages. Don’t forget the smores, your hiking boots, or your swimsuit so you can take a dip in our lakes, Olympic-sized pools, or even under the waterfalls at Finger Lakes State Parks like Robert H. Treman and Buttermilk Falls in Ithaca.
- Kids and grown ups will delight at the beautiful natural White Deer Herd found at Deer Haven Park and be amazed by the rich history of the previously top-secret former military installation that allowed the herd to flourish.
- Make your own glass masterpiece at The Corning Museum of Glass, or experience art about America with creative hands-on activities at The Rockwell Museum in Corning, where kids 17 and under are free!
- Enjoy our locally produced ice cream and gelato at small-town ice cream stands.
- Play a round of mini golf, or play it up big at The Strong National Museum of Play® in Rochester.
- Children ages 8 and up and adults can blow off some steam together at the iSmash Rochester and iSmash Syracuse locations' fully equipped smash rooms.
- Get scientific at the Rochester Museum and Science Center and Strasenburgh Planetarium
- Experiment hands-on at the Seneca Museum of Waterways & Industry in Seneca Falls.
- Be one with nature current and ancient when you visit Museum of the Earth and Cayuga Nature Center near Ithaca - then motor on over to the Glenn H. Curtiss Museum for a crash course on land and air transportation history.
- Step into the past at the Genesee Country Village and Museum in Mumford. Or have wiggly fun at the JELL-O Gallery in LeRoy.
- Seeking thrills and excitement? Be sure to stop by Seabreeze Amusement Park in Rochester. There's something for everyone - roller coasters, thrill rides, live shows, a water park loaded with attractions and more. With fun for all ages, the whole family will sure to have a wonderful time wondering when they can come back!
- Experience four-seasons of play when you visit Greek Peak Mountain Resort, where you can ski, visit the Indoor Water Park and stay comfortably at Hope Lake Lodge
- Need refreshment in the hot summer months...or starving after a long day of fun in the sun? Cool off and fill up at any of the great restaurants in the Finger Lakes.
Currently Viewing: 1-12 of 84 listings