2020 FINGER LAKES REGION SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
The Finger Lakes Tourism Alliance (FLTA) and members of the Finger Lakes business community are working together to provide financial assistant to a student in the form of a scholarship. This scholarship will go to a dedicated student enrolled in their second year studying tourism and hospitality, and lives in the Finger Lake’s region.
The FLTA and Finger Lakes business owners understand the importance of dedicated leaders within the tourism and hospitality industry, and want to provide some financial assistance to an undergraduate student as they continue to learn key fundamental practices in and out of the classroom.
You could be eligible if you meet the following requirements.
Please note: Incomplete applications will not be considered for scholarships.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION
- Resident of the 14 County Finger Lakes Tourism Region (Cayuga, Chemung, Cortland, Livingston, Monroe, Onondaga, Ontario, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Tioga, Tompkins, Wayne and Yates counties)
- Studying Tourism and Hospitality and is 2nd year and beyond student
- Work history, preferably in the Hospitality or Tourism Industry
- Endorsement letter from an employer detailing your dates of employment and highlighting your performance as well as the type of work performed
- At least two additional letters of reference or recommendation from a current professor
- A 400-word or less statement which includes:
- The applicant’s area of tourism and academic interest,
- Outline of financial need,
- Outline of how the scholarship will advance the applicant’s career and benefit the hospitality and tourism industry in the Finger Lakes region
- All Scholarship Applications must be received no later than November 15, 2020
- Return to Cindy Kimble via email at CindyK@Fingerlakes.org or mailed in to 309 Lake St Penn Yan, NY 14527
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for scholarships
- If you have any questions, please call 315-536-7488
- Scholarships are awarded directly to the student
Please fill in all information to be eligible for a scholarship and print your name on every page.