2022 FINGER LAKES REGION SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Finger Lakes Tourism Alliance (FLTA) and partners of the Finger Lakes business community are working together to provide financial assistant to a college student in the form of a scholarship. This scholarship will be awarded to a dedicated student who is in their sophomore, junior or senior year of undergraduate study in the fields of tourism and hospitality, and is from the Finger Lakes region.
FLTA and Finger Lakes business owners understand the importance of a strong workforce and dedicated leadership within the tourism and hospitality industry, and aim to provide some financial assistance to an undergraduate student as they continue to learn fundamental practices in and out of the classroom.
Please note: Incomplete applications will not be considered for scholarships.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION
- Resident of the 14-county Finger Lakes Tourism Region (Cayuga, Chemung, Cortland, Livingston, Monroe, Onondaga, Ontario, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Tioga, Tompkins, Wayne and Yates counties)
- Studying Tourism and Hospitality and is a sophomore, junior or senior-level student
- Has work history, preferably in the Hospitality or Tourism Industry
- Endorsement letter from an employer detailing your dates of employment and highlighting your performance as well as the type of work performed
- At least two additional letters of reference or recommendation from a current professor.
- A 400-word or less statement which includes:
- The applicant’s area of tourism and academic interest.
- Outline of financial need.
- Outline of how the scholarship will advance the applicant’s career and benefit the hospitality and tourism industry in the Finger Lakes region.
- All Scholarship Applications must be received no later than Tuesday, November 15, 2022
- Return to Cindy Kimble via email at CindyK@Fingerlakes.org or mail to 309 Lake St Penn Yan, NY 14527
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for scholarships
- If you have any questions, please call 315-536-7488
- Scholarships are awarded directly to the student
Please fill in all information to be eligible for a scholarship and print your name on every page.