2023 FINGER LAKES REGION SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Finger Lakes Tourism Alliance (FLTA) and partners of the Finger Lakes business community are working together to provide financial assistant to a college student in the form of a scholarship. This scholarship will be awarded to a dedicated student who is in their sophomore, junior or senior year of undergraduate study in the fields of tourism and hospitality, and is from the Finger Lakes region.
FLTA and Finger Lakes business owners understand the importance of a strong workforce and dedicated leadership within the tourism and hospitality industry, and aim to provide some financial assistance to an undergraduate student as they continue to learn fundamental practices in and out of the classroom.
Please note: Incomplete applications will not be considered for scholarships.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION
• Resident of the 14-County Finger Lakes Tourism Alliance region (Cayuga, Chemung, Cortland, Livingston, Monroe, Onondaga, Ontario, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Tioga, Tompkins, Wayne and Yates counties)
• Studying Tourism and Hospitality and a 2nd year and beyond student
• Work history, preferably in the Hospitality or Tourism Industry
• Endorsement letter from an employer detailing your dates of employment and highlighting your performance as well as the type of work performed
• At least two additional letters of reference or recommendation from current professors.
• A 400-word or less statement which includes:
o the applicant’s area of tourism and academic interest,
o outline of financial need,
o outline of how the scholarship will advance the applicant’s career and benefit the hospitality and tourism industry in the Finger Lakes region
• All Scholarship Applications must be received no later than November 15, 2023
• Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Details for a completed application:
o Complete the application form and include your name on each page
o Include 2 Letters of Reference/Recommendation from current professors
o Include 1 Letter of Endorsement from an employer
o Include a 400 Word Statement (See the requirements section for details)
• Incomplete applications will not be considered for scholarships
• If you have any questions, please call 315-536-7488
• Scholarships are awarded directly to the student
• Announcements will be made on 12/12/2023 at the FLTA Holiday Event held at 3pm-6pm in Penn Yan
o Applicant is welcome to attend the event to receive the award.
o Event details will be sent to applicant.
• Award is mailed in January 2024
Please fill in all information to be eligible for a scholarship and print your name on every page.
Caption: Finger Lakes Tourism Alliance Board of Directors President Sue Poelvoorde presents a check in the name of 2022 Scholarship Recipient Emily Meisner, a SUNY Brockport student.